The British exam board AQA offers an A-level in Applied Science. There is as yet no textbook published. This is an attempt to rectify the matter.
Please contribute any material you want. This is a multi-author, open project; but you can contact Ewen if there is anything you would like to add but you are not sure how to do it, or if you have any suggestions.
- 01 Investigating Science at Work
- 02 Energy Transfer Systems
- 03 Finding out about Substances
- 04 Food Science and Technology
- 05 Choosing and Using Materials
- 06 Synthesising Organic Compounds
- 07 Planning and Carrying out a Scientific Investigation
- 08 Medical Physics
- 09 Sports Science
- 10 Physics of Performance Effects
- 11 Controlling Chemical Processes
- 12 The Actions and Development of Medicines
- 13 Colour Chemistry
- 14 The Healthy Body
- 15 The Role of the Pathology Service
- 16 Ecology, Conservation and Recycling
Definitive details from the AQA website.
- Teachers' guide, FAQ and other resources from AQA.
- Resources from the shareIT website.
- Resources for OCR version of the course, some of which are identical to AQA's
- 4Science are offering some materials and developing more - see 4science website